1. Lines: The number of tufts per foot (30.48cm) in warp direction. It is a method for expression of the density and also the weft density of Tibetan Carpet. The higher lines, the more density, the greater quality.
2. Reed: Representation for the density of Machine made carpet. It means the number of tufts per meter in warp direction.
3. Point: The density of Machine made carpet, the number of pile points within one square meter.
4. Tussah Silk: The silk spinned by a kind of silkworm who lives in the Oak tree in Northeast of China. It is a good material for weaving carpet because of its good burnish and resilience，and soft feeling.
5. Pure Wool: It means that the wool content in Machine made carpet is over ninety-five percent.
6. Viscose: It is a kind of vegetable fiber. Mashing the branch of soybean in Northeast of China, mixed with viscose glue, then reel the fiber.
7. PP: It is a chemical fiber named as polypropylene.
8. Horse Hoof Knot: There are two knotted rings in a knot, the knot overlooking like a hoof, so it was named as “Horse Hoof Knot”, we also call it “Turkish Knot”. And in China this knot was the most early spread, and also very popular in the world.
9. Eight-word Knot: It is commonly called “Persian Knot”. There is one knotted ring in a knot, with two categories, Direct Eight-word knot and inverse Eight-word knot.
10. Open-back Carpet: It is a technology of Tibetan carpet weaving. We can differentiate it based on the back of carpet, if the thin-weft yarn displays between knots in transverse direction on the back of carpet, it is Open-back weaving.
11. Close-back Carpet: It is a technology of Tibetan carpet weaving. We can differentiate it based on the back of carpet, if the thin-weft yarn doesn’t display between knots in transverse direction on the back of carpet, it is Close-back weaving.